– overhauled the prototype artwork / completely new look
– play in 3D (was previously restricted to top-down view)
– added ‘Help’ button; explains controls
– new controls work in 3D (spin around focus, zoom in / out)
– add warning indicator that points to newly spawning enemies
– redesigned level sequence
– added new “boost” item; place near turrets and can be configured to increase shoot frequency or range.
– fixed issues with enemy navigation around slower moving enemies.
– added some basic sound effect work for all items and enemies
– improved water splash effect
– misc. fixes
– updated main menu / loading system
– added proper “level” (with nicer graphics and water)
– added nav mesh system
– added nicer font
– increased base level enemy health (makes game more challenging)
– removed WebGL version (odd issues / differences with binary versions)
– fixed placement bug where area would be clear but you couldn’t place turret or barrier
– added 3D placement (and rock to place a turret on)
– fixed bugs with turret aiming / firing in certain cases
Witness first hand the Dawn of the Robot Empire. Can you stop the invading robotic forces from another galaxy? Blast your way to victory in this retro sci-fi shooter. You’ll need fast reflexes and an accurate aim to win.
– Added new ‘spin robot’
– Reworked later enemy waves to include new robot and last longer.
– Improved standard robot movement
– Improved hover bot homing bullet deflection with shield (more accurate / faster response)
– Improved physical interaction of staff / shield with the world and new spin robot.
– Added build version to pause menu.
– Added new audio effects for player damage (from blades, rocks or electric shock).
– Fixed bug with standard robot lightning attack (if gravity is off).
– Fixed bug with spider climbing up steep incline.
– Fixed bug to prevent snake eye from being damaged when speared simply by shaking staff.
Shoot enemies, survive, gain lives and achieve the highest scores possible all in an old school vector style game. START! Control the TriBlaster in an unknown dimension and bring down your foes The goal is to survive and achieve high scores. LEVEL COMPLETE! Retro-games were never easy, and this ain't changing. Go go go! There are 100 levels waiting for you! ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! Completing levels isn't enough when you're a hardcore player, and what you need is more challenge, right? Some of them achievements are hard to find. GAME OVER! The good old "Game Over" screen, can't live without it. Features: - 60 fps on latest devices... the smoother the better! - Start new game where you left off / records your best per level. - Beam weapon based on how many resources you gather - Shot speed power up - Smart bomb weapon - Jump back in space to avoid enemies - 100 levels - Game Center achievements & Leaderboards
It’s been a while since I’ve had anything to say about TriBlaster. Two pieces of good news – I’ve now resumed publishing duties on my game and I have a fairly large update coming in the next week or two. Currently it’s pending a review in the Apple App Store and I’ll follow up with the Android and Steam versions later in the month.
So… what happened to TriBlaster2? A while back I was asked by the publisher (at that time BulkyPix) to make a unique version for the Nvidia Shield. That was called TriBlaster Remix. I’m not exactly sure what happened but that got released in the Google play store and could be downloaded for all compatible android devices. Unfortunately that was never my intention as it was built just for Nvidia Shield.
So, rather than cause confusion I wanted to get iOS, Android and Steam all on the same version – hence the name TriBlaster3.
– Updated branding
– Start new game where you left off.
– Updated gameplay mechanics (requires more skill to play)
– Remastered levels (updates and re-ordering)
– Added shot speed power up
– Added smart bomb weapon
– Improved aesthetic of “glowing” lines
– Improved enemy scoring attract demo
To celebrate the impending release on iOS; I’ve lowered the price. Keep in mind that this link is for the original TriBlaster. However, if you purchase this now you’ll get the update to TriBlaster3 as soon as it goes live.